Saturday, September 5, 2009

Waves

The being far from home emotion waves are quite noticeable. I usually have a week full of fun and distraction and excitement, getting to know my friends better and being extremely motivated and outgoing. Then the next week, feel antisocial, closed off and miss home a lot. I'm working on it, so that the "I don't freaking want to speak in Portuguese" moods don't last too long but I'm sure I'll keep missing home. : ) This last week was kind of boring but I don't see any more of them in my near future so I may as well enjoy these next few "nothing" days. There are beach plans, BBQ plans, dance club/bar plans and having a job plans all coming up in the next week.

This is a photo of my classroom. I have all 4 of my classes in this same room. When I lose weight (which happens when you're poor and don't buy much food), my butt usually gets smaller first. This is unfortunate considering the flat wooden chairs.

Classmates: Tayara, Amanda, Michely, Me

This is Carol's dad, Pedro Leopoldo Monteiro. He's grilling goat linguica for lunch. He normally smiles a lot, but I'm pretty sure he was saying something when I took this photo. He has bad teeth but a really nice smile anyway because he's so genuinely jolly. I'll get a smiley one sometime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment